Our Big Vision:
An Australia where everyone has a stable place to call home.
Our Single Mission:
To harness the ability of the private sector to address the chronic shortage of low-income affordable housing.
Who We Are:
Housing All Australians (HAA) was established in 2019 as a ‘for purpose’ organisation, to facilitate a private sector voice, and re-position the discussion and action on social and affordable housing for those on low to very low incomes. Our commercial lens is like no other charity in this space.
We are a group of private sector individuals and corporates with a shared vision that it is in Australia’s long term economic interest to house all Australians, including those on low incomes. Unless we do, we will be leaving a significant burden for future generations, with disastrous economic and social consequences.
We are classified as a Public Benevolent Institution with full tax deductibility benefits.
Australia’s chronic shortage of affordable, social and public housing is set to create an intergenerational time bomb.
- Unity: we never lose sight of our reason for being
- New ways: we find practical solutions to make a real difference
- Respect: we are committed to constructive challenge
- Engagement: we drive partnerships to broker solutions
- Strength: we take personal responsibility to see things through
- Transparency: we act with integrity in all our interactions
- To harness the goodwill that exists within the private sector to develop strategies, take actions and raise awareness in respect to the fundamental human need for shelter.
- To increase the availability of, and access to, affordable housing for those on low incomes in order to relieve poverty, distress or disadvantage.
- To provide a forum for the sharing of facts, ideas, experience and private sector skills around the creation of affording housing options throughout Australia.
Strategic Priorities 2022 – 2025
1. POP UP HOUSING:
Short term ‘meanwhile use’ housing in underutilised buildings
2. TRANSFORMATION: Private sector-led viable and affordable housing options
3. ADVOCACY: Communicate the long term economic impact of not providing housing for all